Personal Information We Collect
- Information From You
We collect some information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, for example:
- Contact Information
This includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and username and password, if you choose to create them.
- Transaction Information
This includes credit or debit card information, address and other information related to a billing or payment transaction, including things like information submitted to schedule an appointment and register for appointment reminders.
- Client Services/Customer Care/Technical Assistance And Other Enquiries
This includes questions or comments you submit through online forms or via email. If you contact us via phone call, we may record the conversation and/or keep summaries or notes of the call.
- Applicant Information
This includes information you submit in connection with career opportunities, such as your resume, cover letters and demographics.
- Other Information You Provide
This includes any other information you may provide to us directly through our website(s) for things like whitepapers or surveys, or through social media.
Same Day Laboratories collects other information online automatically when you visit our website(s) or application(s), which may also be described in our Cookie Notice. This can include things like:
- Device Information
This includes your IP address, browser types, operating system (OS), device types and device IDs or advertising identifiers.
- Usage Information
This includes your browsing activity while on our website(s) or application(s), what pages you visit and what you click, forms you complete or start to complete, search terms you use, whether you open emails and interact with content, access times, error logs and similar information.
Same Day Laboratories may also receive information about you from others, such as updated address information, if we discover that the information we have of you is no longer current.
How We Use Personal Information That We Collect
We may use your personal information:
- As reasonably necessary and proportionate to fulfill the purposes for which the information was provided and collected
- To provide information, products and/or services to you
- To audit and measure user interaction with our website(s), so as to improve the relevancy or effectiveness of our content and messaging
- To develop and carry out marketing, advertising and analytics
- To provide texts or emails containing information about our products and/or services, or events and/or news, that may be of interest to recipients, as permitted by law
- To deliver content and products or services relevant to your interests, including targeted ads on third-party sites
- To detect security incidents or monitor for fraudulent or illegal activity
- For debugging, to identify and repair errors
- To comply with laws, regulations or other legal processes
We may also use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the services and products you request, or that have been ordered and/or requested by your healthcare provider
- Process or collect payments for our products and/or services rendered to you
- Respond to your questions or enquiries and otherwise provide the support you request and/or require
How We Share Your Personal Information
When we share information, either within our company or with others, we take adequate steps to ensure that any recipients of such information upholds similar protections for information as that upheld by Same Day Laboratories. We may share the information we collect as described below:
- With Service Providers/Vendors/Third Parties
We work with others to manage or support some of our business operations and services. These entities may be located outside of your country of residence or the country in which you are located.
- For Legal Purposes
We may disclose relevant information as may be necessary or required for legal, compliance or regulatory purposes. This includes, for example, disclosures that are required to:
- Respond to duly authorized information requests from police and governmental authorities;
- Comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- Enforce/protect the rights and properties of Same Day Laboratories or its affiliates;
- Protect the rights or personal safety of Same Day Laboratories, our employees, and third parties;
- Protect the security of our websites, systems, information, premises and/or property.
- For Corporate Transactions
From time to time, we may sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses. These corporate restructuring situations may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such information from sellers.
- Otherwise With Your Consent
We may also share information about you with third parties, if we seek your consent, and you consent to such sharing and provide such information to us.
Keeping Your Information Secure
Same Day Laboratories has adopted physical, technical and administrative measures that are designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, prevent disclosure of your personal information, maintain data accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of your personal information.
Same Day Laboratories retains information as required or permitted by law and for legitimate business purposes. The personal information you provide to us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access. When we transmit confidential information over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption and other safeguards, unless you request or authorize otherwise.
In addition, we limit Same Day Laboratories’ employees and contractors’ access to your personal information. Only those employees and contractors with a business reason to know your information have access to this information. We adequately educate our employees about the importance of maintaining confidentiality of your personal information.
How You Can Help Protect Your Information
If you are using a Same Day Laboratories website or application for which you registered and chose a password, we recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also remember to sign out of the Same Day Laboratories website and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if others have access to your computer.
Please note that sending information through unencrypted emails is not a secure method of information transmission, as information in such emails may be accessed and viewed by others while in transit to us. For this reason, we prefer that you do not communicate confidential or sensitive information to use via regular unencrypted emails. However, we will honor patient requests for communications through unencrypted emails.
Links to Other Sites
We do not knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) and we do not target our website(s) or application(s) to children. If we learn that we collected any information from any child, we will purge it immediately, except for the case of responding to a question or enquiry on a one-time basis from the child. We encourage parents and guardians to take active roles in their children’s online activities and interests.
Same Day Laboratories complies with applicable Federal Civil Rights Laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexuality or gender. This means that Same Day Laboratories does not exclude people or treat them differently because of their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexuality or gender.
Last Updated: April 16, 2020